Thursday, September 09, 2010

To Push or Not To Push

There was a chance we were going to push a week or two because of casting issues. It would have been nice as I would have been in town to help B at the Shrine sale but it didn't happen. I don't know if they got the actor they wanted or if they gave up on him but we are on schedule.

Actually, I don't have any idea who is cast in this movie - all of the lead kid actors are unknowns and we haven't seen anything on anybody else. I have to say all of this secret-keeping is annoying. Maybe it works for them but it's a pain in the ass for the crew. I'm not going to be allowed to read the script (which you have to do at the director's production company under watch) and they are holding off on releasing shooting schedules because they have script info on them. Ugh. This movie is not what I thought it would be. It better be worth it...

I don't have too much to report on the rest of the crew. The director of photography seems pretty cool - not as arrogant as most camera people. On Friday 2 guys walked past our offices and I said to my assistant "those two were tools" just based on how they acted. Then they came into the office and turns out they were camera assistants. After they left, my boss came in and asked me "camera guys?" We all laughed at that because it's so fucking obvious sometimes.

Anyway, I leave for WV on Tuesday and will be there until October 12th or 15th - haven't decided how long I'll need to stay. I'm looking forward to it but I'm going to miss everyone and I'm worried about Boo (my oldest cat). His diabetes may be under control but he's got an enlarged heart, an enlarged liver, an infection, and he's anemic. He's getting an ultrasound today so hopefully we'll get some answers. He's staring at me balefully because he's not allowed any food and he's not happy about it. Neither are the other two cats for that matter.

No comments: