Tuesday, April 01, 2008

An Audience of One

The husband says if I want more readers, I have to make my blog purely professional. I have to name names and only write about work-related stuff. I can totally see his point.

I'm just not sure how much I care about having readers versus having a place to vent. When I read other blogs and see comments on them, I get jealous. But the thought of not writing about something because it didn't happen on set is depressing. This blog is supposed to be about me, not the already famous people I work with.

So. I haven't written anything for days and no one has noticed. But I miss it. I guess that's what really matters.

2 comments:

blusurfer said...

Hey, I noticed!

I'd really look at this blog as keeping a diary for yourself. If people read and comment, fine. If not, that's fine too. You very well might have more readers than you think you do. There are people out there who read but don't comment. (I can see your family falling into this category.) Since blogspot doesn't really work with friends lists (RSS feed instead), you probably don't have completely regular readers. Livejournal is easier for this, since people can easily make friends lists.

If you would like to have a more gossipy blog, you could do that as a separate one. It would really have a difference audience than this one (you, close friends, and family). To avoid any risk to you professionally, you could then remain totally anonymous.

*hugs*

Erdedo said...

I also noticed. And I agree with blusurfer. Maybe you could have 2 blogs. While this would be fun to read as well, for those of us that know you we are interested in what is going on in your life, not just what is happening on the set.

Just a thought!

Love from Knoxvegas!