Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Demeaned

I have never worked on a show that disregarded the needs of payroll as much as this one does. More often than not, I sign the time cards and send them to the payroll company. I've even cut checks and distributed them before the people with authority have even finished signing them. It's not supposed to be this way. I'm not supposed to have this kind of power. I think if I wanted to I could slip an extra person or two into the mix and no one would even notice...

The husband keeps asking me if I'm ever going to work for this woman again and I keep telling him no with the caveat that at some point she may be the only job option. Even then it will depend on the size of the show and the amount of staff. She really can't expect do keep doing these bigger shows if she's not willing to put in the time necessary to do the work.

I sent the time cards in on Monday under my signature. The UPM finished signing them yesterday around 5:30pm (after telling me to come to his office at 11am and then never being available). My boss left at her usual time between 6 and 6:30pm after promising me she would sign them in the morning. I just went in to get whatever she had finished with (because I already have edits from the payroll company) but she hasn't touched them and doesn't think she's going to get to them today. So I took them. I'm going to do my work with them and she can deal with them afterward. They won't be in the nice code-order she prefers but I think she's going to know better than to say anything...

No comments: