Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Repercussions

I had a sweet job offer the other day and I really wanted to take it. I had it all set where I would work my current show through the end of December and then go onto the new show. We finish shooting on the 16th so that would give me 2 weeks to get things cleaned up instead of the 6 weeks they have planned.

I went into my boss' office last night and told her about my offer and it didn't go well. I can't even remember all the things she said to me but I can remember she told me that while she couldn't stop me from leaving, I would have to know there would be repercussions for my actions.

Wow. That stopped me pretty cold.

So I told the new show that it wasn't going to work out (unless they hired a friend of mine to start and I would come on at the beginning of February). It's an option but it's not ideal for anyone.

But the repercussions have already begun. I don't think my boss said 2 words to me today, including walking past my door on her way out with out saying goodbye. I can't believe I worked so hard for this result. Makes me think I should just leave anyway...

No comments: