Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Shoot Day 1

We started shooting today and the DP is trying to renegotiate his contract. What a bastard. He waits until the 1st day of shooting, when he has us over a barrel, to comment that he wants overtime and meal penalties on top of his $8k per week.

Frankly, he's one of the lowest paid DP's I've ever worked with so I'd already asked the question about meal penalties - just figured he'd want them to supplement his income. The answer was an unequivocal "no way!" I guess someone should have asked him first... We've wasted a lot of time trying to deal with the whole thing and the worst part is he's so small-time, he doesn't even know what he IS entitled to get under the union contract.

Another lovely bit of news - we may be shooting over Christmas instead of taking a 2 week hiatus. They'd probably give off the 25th and 26th, and Jan 1st, but work the rest of the time. I hope people haven't booked plane tickets yet. Not that it really matters to me. I was going to have to work anyway. The burden of payroll...

No comments: