Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Christmas!

Well, the husband and I had a very nice, mellow holiday this year. We did the traditional British Christmas, with crackers and ghost stories. I really didn't realize that ghost stories are a British tradition on Christmas, but they are. Consider "A Christmas Carol" by Dickens - totally a ghost story. And just this morning I realized there's a carol that has the line "there'll be scary ghost stories and tales of the glories of Christmas' long long ago". So that had to come from somewhere, right? I'd never thought about it before. Anyway, it was nice.

It did rain, so we couldn't take Sofie to the park but she seemed ok curled up on the couch with her pack. I did manage to take her over there today but it's windy and cold and we didn't stay as long as she would have liked. But then we never do.

I'll have to post pics of our gifts, since we only did a small exchange. I got a jewelry box, the husband got an Alex Ross print of Captain Marvel, and the family got a Halloween Cat and a new Dept 56 building.

Anyway, I've got off until Monday and I'm hoping to get the rest of the living room painted. I packed up all the dvd's and video tapes and moved the shelving away from the wall. I have to defrost the paint brushes and we're all set.

No comments: