Tuesday, February 28, 2012

NOLA

I'm back in New Orleans for work (this time with Sly and Ah-nuld). My last show in this town was unpleasant to say the least but I really liked being here. I got in last Monday, the day before Fat Tuesday. I had my fill of Mardi Gras last year so I didn't mind missing most of it. On Friday I woke up with a sore throat that turned into neck pain and a hacking cough. I finally went to the urgent care this morning and they tested me for strep - it was negative. I thought I had pneumonia but my lungs were clear. I walked out after getting a steroid shot and a scrip for antibiotics. I was also told to get some OTC medicine, which I did. I spent the day feeling worse and worse until I finally got the payroll out and went home to some Nyquil. The extra sleep seemed to help because I feel a lot better - still coughing though.

The husband and Sofie are coming tomorrow after driving cross-country. I hated to not drive with them but I'm glad I did as I managed to find us a place to live right near downtown. I'd been nervous about the husband liking it but I realized we can give 30 days notice and move out if we need to... There are places in the Garden District that would be fairly nice but we liked being able to walk to the Quarter and stuff. And there's a new grocery store down here so we can walk to that, too. The husband and Sofie can walk me to/from work and we can hit the store if we want. I like that about living in a city.

Now I just need to feel better. Time to call the husband and say goodnight.

No comments: