Friday, July 15, 2011

Next Show

I've got my next show lined up - going to Virginia. It's not everything I wanted but it's 98%. I'm going to be an assistant and it's only for 3 months, otherwise I would have held firm for the full 100%. I can only hope this all works out; being an assistant is new for me but I think the show will be big enough to keep us both busy and we'll have a clerk to push paper around. 

My main reason for accepting this show is it's with a studio I've never worked with before. I've heard nothing but fantastic things about them and I've been wanting to get my foot in their door. I don't know much about the key accountant or the payroll accountant but I'm hoping I'll fit in. If nothing else, it is only 3 months. And we'll be less than 2 hours from D.C. so we're planning on seeing all of the sights. Just have to find a dog daycare for the Sofie. She won't be happy but it'll be good for her.

My current show is finally winding down. We finished the last bit of filming in 1 day instead of 2 and that's all paid out. I'm in full wrap mode and we're chugging along to pull out next week. Then I've got 2 or 3 weeks at home and done is done. 

My coworker, who called me a martyr and a liar, is starting to be friendly again. I'm not really interested unless there's an apology but I don't see that happening. Even with an apology I don't see us being actual friends. It's too bad because I thought that's where we were headed... Even so, it makes it easier to be in the office. 

I have been thinking about the martyr comment though. He might be right. I'm going to have to work on that one...

No comments: