Friday, July 08, 2011

3 Jobs

I'm talking to a new accountant about a show going to Richmond, VA in September. It's a big show with a new studio (for me) but I would only be the Payroll Assistant. I'm kind of thinking a step back would be a good thing for me and since they are willing to pay my rate it's even better. All I'm waiting for is them to approve the housing allowance. That is a deal breaker - I can't live in a hotel for 4 months.

In the meantime, I've gotten contacted by two old accountants for shows (one in Los Angeles and one in Detroit). I would be happy to work with either of them again but the timing isn't great - both would start by the end of August. I really think I need to take some time off (more than just a couple of weeks).

I asked my current boss (Ass) when I was done because I was getting these calls and he said "you want to leave us?" as if I haven't wanted to leave since sometime in May. Finally got him to admit he's hoping I'll stay through 8/12 and that he's got the money for me to stay until 8/26 - don't really see that happening... I will stay until the work is done and then I am out.

Anyway, I have to call the VA show and tell them to make a decision.

And I had meant to post about something else, some profound idea I had, that left my head the moment after it was fully formed...

No comments: