Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Assistant Decisions

Since I'm traveling to West Virginia for this show I get to have an assistant here and an assistant there. I interviewed 2 people yesterday for the job in LA - both interviews went well and I don't know who to hire. One of them is someone I know from the dog park. She's nice and I think she can do the work but I'm wondering if I'm leaning towards her because I know her and know she REALLY needs the job. The other woman is very nice and upbeat and seems sharp - no doubt about her abilities at all. I think she could get work in a heartbeat if I didn't hire her. But the dog park woman... I don't think she'd get this opportunity from just anyone. I really feel like I'm making a life-altering decision for her. This is why I don't want to be a 1st asst. I don't want to be responsible for people like this.

No comments: