Sunday, January 04, 2009

Social Networking

Ok, the cat walkway is done. I went to the hardware store this morning and got some metal braces that force the planks to come together evenly. I may get some nice trim for the front edge, but really all I need to do is paint the brackets to match the walls and then maybe paint the top of the planks a bright color so the cats can see it better. I think right now it just blends in and they are wary. It's not the best job, but it's not terrible. We'll leave it up and see if it gets any use besides when the husband or I force a cat onto it.

I don't have a MySpace account or a Facebook account and I've never really wanted one. I'm crap at keeping in touch with people and didn't really want the added pressure. Or is it a cop-out? Can I justify not talking/writing to people by simply updating a page? Is that what society has become? I'm not complaining, I'm just not up on all of it. So this weekend I set Sofie up with a Facebook account so I could check it out. I've done a bit of surfing and it all seems kind of fun and interesting, but not very personal. I think I should just do better at writing letters or calling.

Oh, the reason I was messing around with the Facebook: my uncle set up a site for the extended family so we can all connect and chat. It's a great idea and I'm kind of hoping to find some relatives out in my part of the country.

OK, now I have to start packing the decorations. I took down the ones outside (and was complimented on them by the neighbor). Got to get the rest of them going.

No comments: