Friday, January 30, 2009

Pre-Birthday

I know I haven't posted in a while but I blame the relative lack of drama on this show - everyone working on it is basically nice and decent and normal. The only thing that has happened that was even the slightest bit exciting was the director getting sick and hallucinating last Friday. We wrapped early, he got sent home, and that was that. No one needs a helicopter to fly their clothes around, no one is taking home a fresh pair of cashmere socks every day, no one is demanding to make more money ('cause $9 million isn't enough). It's kind of nice to make my regular salary and not have to deal with all the crap. But I do miss the hoopla at times - it makes for good posts.

Now that the actors aren't going to strike, it'll probably pick up a bit. I'm hoping to be off until mid-April but I'm willing to haggle if the right project comes along.

The husband took me out today for my birthday. We went to an estate sale that was totally over-hyped and over-priced. Then we stopped by a used book store so he could use his credit. Then off to the mall in Arcadia for some shopping, where I picked up some makeup at Sephora and a calendar at Borders. We had lunch and played some games at Dave and Buster's (I now have 2000 points to buy some crap but I'm saving them up for something really good). We came home and got the Sof and went to the dog park, but since it's 85 degrees out it was too hot for all of us. Sofie was either standing in the puddle of water or lying in her dad's shade so we came home. Now I'm going to nap and the day will be complete!

No comments: